1827: Bull-baiting disallowed in Llantrisant due to unruly crowds. The bull ring stone was taken from the area.
1840: A former member of the Metropolitan Police, Thomas Morgan Lewis, became superintendent with six constables.
1851: The murder of Thomas Harrison, the 20-year-old son of Dr N.E. Harrison from Gloucestershire was allegedly shot and killed in the tunnel leading from Swan Street to George Street by Edward Barber, a civil engineer of Llantrisant House.
1854: Welsh-speaking followers of the Wesleyan movement built a chapel in Swan Street, opposite the New Inn called Zorobabel.
1862: A disagreement broke out at Bethel Chapel and the disenchanted members left to a new meeting place called Zoar. The decreased numbers continued. Zoar meetings were held at the Talbot Inn and they finally built a chapel on Cardiff Road, Penygawsi.
1866: Author Sem Phillips published The History of Llantrisant
1867: Llantrisant National School opened on West Caerlan, on the property of the Earl of Talbot.
1868: Marquis of Bute and Lord of the Manor, through his trustee, consented for T Powell Esq to search for coal under the Common Lands.
1873: The interior of the church was rebuilt, costing '3,000, and influenced by John Pritchard, who restored Llandaff at the same time. The east window was placed, picturing a bearded Christ, and J P Seddon was entrusted with the task of restoring the tower.
1875: Dr William Price of Pontypridd moved to Ty'r Clettwr.
1876: Llantrisant Police Station opened on the site of the cornmarket.
1878: Treferig Valley Railway was built across a section of the Common to service the Glyn Colliery
1884: Wesleyan (English-speaking) Chapel built at Southgate. Dr William Price cremated his infant child on East Caerlan
1885: The church came under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Llandaff.
1889: Llantrisant Town Trust created. The first clerk was Evan John, who devoted his time to the study of insect life. His most striking discovery was a new moth, introduced to the British list as Xylina Conformis, found in Llantrisant. Made a Fellow of the Entomological Society of London, he was the principal collector of the extinct Mazarine Blue butterfly and kept an uncut hayfield on the outskirts of the town in the effort to preserve the species.
1890: The 13th century tower on West Caerlan, believed to have been a windmill or auxillary tower to the castle, known as Y Felin Wynt, was restored as a folly.
1891: David Evans of Glanmychydd Farm became Lord Mayor of London.
1892: David Evans, Lord Mayor of London, visited Llantrisant
1893: Death and cremation of Dr William Price. 20,000 people flocked to the town to witness the historic event
1894: Llantrisant and Llantwit Fardre Rural District Council created. The West End of the parish church was restored, costing '1,200.
1896: Lower part of the Guild Hall was converted into a library and reading room. Llantrisant Rugby Club named themselves 'The Black Army'. Town Trust Clerk Taliesin Morgan published The History of Llantrisant
1897: Trinity (Presbyterian) created Elim Chapel. Queen Victoria's Jubilee Party was held on the Castle Green. The first baptism by immersion was held in the parish church. It was Grace Williams and the service was conducted by Rev Daniel Fisher.
1898: First recorded existence of a male voice choir, conducted by Cliff Davies.
1902: Bethel Chapel rejoined Zoar after a 40-year split. The chapel was sold to the church and converted into a church hall, and a new Zoar was opened on the site of Dr William Price's old home
1903: Quaker Meeting House, Y Twy Cwrdd, was bequeathed by the owner to the Society of Friends
1905: Rev Joshua Pritchard Hughes (vicar since 1883) and was consecrated Bishop of Llandaff. A teetotaller, he established the Red Dragon Hotel Temperance Hall.
1909: Llantrisant Male Choir reformed
1912: Four premises on the Bull Ring were demolished for the growing workhouse. It saw the demolition of a shop and behind which were two pubs, the White Hart and The George, with a cottage separating them.
1916: Heroes from The Great War were decorated at a special ceremony held in the Guild Hall
1921: Llantrisant Freeman James Taylor became Lord Mayor of Cardiff
1922: Dr J.C.R. Morgan built Southgate House to open a surgery. Taliesin Morgan died, aged 73.
1923: Luther Jones was appointed conductor of Llantrisant Male Voice Choir.
1924: Tabor Baptist Chapel was rebuilt
1926: Dedication of two new treble bells by the Bishop of Llandaff at the parish church. It commemorated the completion of a peal of eight bells.
1927: Llantrisant Freeman's Golf Club moved from the common to Talbot Green after massive controversy for using the Freeman's land.
1928: The Llantrisant Telephone Exchange was officially named and opened in the post office on Commercial Street.
1930: Beating the Bounds held
1931: Llantrisant Bowls Club opened. The Llantrisant and District Choral Society was formed by Dr J C R Morgan.
1934: Newbridge Road was widened, causing the demolition of the Shrewsbury Hotel
1937: Llantrisant Festival was held to celebrate the Coronation of King George and Queen Elizabeth
1939: Paul Robeson came to Llantrisant to film Proud Valley. The last Welsh language services were held in the parish church
1943: American GIs set up camp on the Common.
1945: Llantrisant Town Band disbanded following the Armistice Parade in neighbouring Beddau. Llantrisant RFC was reformed
1946: The 600th Anniversary of the Llantrisant Charter was celebrated in the town
1947: Members of the Cremation Society, Lord Mayor of Cardiff and Llantrisant Town Trust gathered on the steps of Zoar Chapel where Penelopen Price unveiled the bronze plaque in memory of her father, Dr William Price. The new council estate, Dancaerlan, was officially opened.
1951: Celebrations were held to honour Pontypridd swimmer Jenny James, the first woman to complete the English Channel. Work began building the Common Housing Estate, once part of Tyr Pantyscawen Farm.
1953: Dr J.C.R.Morgan retired as Llantrisant GP. The practice was taken over by his son, David. The Llantrisant Workingmen's Club was opened in the Rock and Fountain Inn on the Bull Ring. Festivities took place to mark the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II
1954: Beating the Bounds held
1956: Town Hall no longer used as a magistrates' court as it moved to Talbot Green. The building was bought by Llantrisant Town Trust the following year. Llantrisant Workingmen's Club moved to a premises on Swan Street.
1963: Dr Michael Jones joined the Llantrisant GP Practice. Death of Nicholas Price, the second son of Dr William Price
1964: The Wesleyan Chapel, Southgate, closed
1965: Llantrisant Vicarage was demolished
1968: Royal Mint opened, changing 900 years of British history. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince of Wales visited the site on December 17.
1970: Attempted robbery at Llantrisant Post Office. Subpostmistress Nesta Little and colleage Muriel Thomas fought off the intruders
1973: Llantrisant RFC Clubhouse was opened
1974: Llantrisant became part of Taff Ely Borough Council. Local boy Jeff Hooper won the New Faces talent show.
1975: Schoolteacher Dillwyn Lewis re-wrote the History of Llantrisant
1976: Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Llantrisant was opened
1977: Death of Penelopen Price, aged 91, the youngest daughter of Dr William Price.
1980: The Welsh soap opera Taff's Acre was filmed in the town.
1982: The unveiling of a statue to Dr William Price on the Bull Ring. Llantrisant Rugby Club were made Welsh Brewers Cup Winners at Cardiff Arms Park
1985: The Model House Arts and Design Centre was opened on the Bull Ring. Llantrisant Leisure Centre in Penygawsi also opened its doors
1986: Death of Llantrisant GP Dr David Rowland Morgan
1988: Death of Llantrisant Trustee Sir Brandon Rhys Williams of Miskin Manor, the MP for South Kensington
1990: Llantrisant Post Office relocated from Commercial Street to Swan Street following the retirement of subpostmaster Peter Little. It later closed in 2007
1999: Opening of the Royal Glamorgan Hospital.
2000. Church organist and piano teacher Enid Lewis (1915-2003) received the MBE
2003. Beating the Bounds held
2009: The Town Trust allowed the grandsons of Freemen to become enrolled through their hereditary right.